Glasgow Film At Home is the on demand platform owned and operated by Glasgow Film.
Glasgow Film (referred to as either “The Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is the controller of your personal data (for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation).
We are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data. We respect your privacy.
This policy is subject to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR.) Government guidance on GDPR can be found here.
Further GDPR guidance from Glasgow Film can be found here.
2. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
For the purposes of our uses, Personal Data is information about an individual from which that individual is directly identified or can be identified. It does not include anonymous data (that is, information where the identity of an individual has been permanently removed.) However, it does include indirect identifiers or pseudonymous data (that is, information which alone does not identify and individual but, when combined with certain additional and reasonably accessible information, could be attributed to a particular person.)
All the Personal Data we collect, both from you and from third parties about you, is outlined below:
- Identity data: First name, surname, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender.
- Contact data: Your home address, work address (for corporate customers, schools and suppliers), billing address, email address, telephone numbers.
- Financial data: Your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction data: Any details about payments to and from you and other details of subscriptions and services you have purchased from us. Data in respect of your transactions with third parties (including your credit history).
- Marketing data: Your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to Personal Data provided to us as a result of purchasing products (such as booking confirmation emails).
- Behavioural data: Inferred or assumed information relating to your behaviour and interests, based on your online activity. This is most often collated and grouped into “segments” (for example, there may be a segment for women, who like films from a particular country).
- Technical data: Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website or use our services.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Gender and date of birth do not fall under these Special Categories.
Personal Data from Third Party Sources
In addition to the Personal Data that we collect directly from you (as described), we also collect certain of your Personal Data from third party sources. Further details of this can be found below in Section 10, Third Party Services .
3. OUR BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In respect of each of the purposes for which we use your Personal Data as outlined above (identity data, contact data, financial data, transaction data, marketing data, behavioural and technical data) the GDPR requires us to ensure that we have a “legal basis” for that use. Most commonly, we will rely on one of the following legal bases:
- Contractual Necessity: Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- Legitimate Interests: Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Compliance with Law: Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, such as age verification
- Consent: Where we have your specific consent to carry out the processing for the Purpose in question
Generally we do not rely on your consent as a legal basis for using your Personal Data other than in the context of direct marketing communications.
4. How You Can Access and Correct Your Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by visiting your Account Settings page. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
We use two broad categories of cookies; first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, and third party cookies, which are served by service providers on our Site, e.g. embedded Youtube videos.
Glasgow Film At Home uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Essential cookies: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our site and to enable you to use some of its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our site and help the content of the pages you request to load quickly. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow our site to remember choices you make when you use our site, such as remembering your login details and remembering the changes you make to other parts of our site which you can customise. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our site.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our site and how users use our site. The information gathered via these cookies does not directly identify any individual visitor. However, it may render such visitors _indirectly _identifiable. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access our site. The information collected is aggregated and anonymous. It includes the number of visitors to our site, the websites that referred them to our site, the pages they visited on our site, what time of day they visited our site, whether they have visited our site before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our site.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our site. For example, we may not be able to recognise your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our site.
6. WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We may share your Personal Data with the below third parties. Listed is who we may share your personal data with and why we share it:
- Service providers: Our service providers maintain and supply our IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisors: Our auditors, lawyers, bankers and insurers provide accounting, consultancy, banking, legal and insurance services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities: Authorities may require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances
7. OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
We limit access to your Personal Data to those employees and other staff who have a business need to have such access. All such people are subject to a contractual duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any actual or suspected Personal Data breach. In the event of any such breach, we have systems in place to work with applicable regulators. In addition, in certain circumstances (for example, where we are legally required to do so) we may notify you of breaches affecting your Personal Data.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
8. HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only retain your Personal Data for so long as we reasonably need to use it for unless a longer retention period is required by (for example for regulatory purposes).
9. OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN
This website is not intended for anyone below the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect data relating to such people.
Presently, Glasgow Film at Home works with two third parties which handle Personal Data from outwith the European Economic Area (being the European Union plus Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) (“Europe”). These are MailChimp and Mandrill, based in the United States, which are the platforms we use to send welcome emails, receipt of purchase, forgotten password emails, promotional emails and e-newsletters to customers. Our use of their service does mean that email information will at times be sitting on servers outside of the EEA. We have appropriate contracts in place with these organisations to ensure your information is stored securely and used appropriately.
We use Google Analytics to help us to understand how you use our site and tools, which allows us to know how to improve our products for your benefit. It follows your progress through the website, collecting anonymous data on where you have come from, which pages you visit, and how long you spend on the site. Google then stores this data in order to create reports. But don’t worry; they do not store your personal data. Google will track your IP address, and it may be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google may use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for us, and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. For more information on Google’s privacy policies, please click here. Google Analytics services are governed by the Google Analytics Terms of Service which can be found here.
Mandrill and Mailchimp
Amazon Web Services
11. THIRD PARTY LINKS